In order to encourage and attract more excellent international students to study at HEU, and award those international students who are studying at HEU, we have established “HEU Scholarship for International Students” (HEU Scholarship in short).
1. Outstanding international students who will be enrolled in degree programs at HEU;
2. Intercollegiate Exchange students;
3. Specific Program students.
4. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
5. Excellent academic results in study (75 of 100 at least).
6. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
7. Applicants should not apply for any other scholarship.
Ⅱ. Details of the Scholarship
1. Full Scholarship: Offering tuition fee and living allowance;
Standard of Living Allowance (RMB/month):
Undergraduate student: 2,000RMB
Master degree student: 3,000RMB
Doctoral degree students: 3,500RMB
2. First-class Scholarship: Offering tuition fee;
3. Second-class Scholarship: Offering 50% tuition fee;
Ⅲ. Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (all paper material should be one original hardcopy set and one general copy set.).
1. HEU Application form (DOWNLOAD)
2. HEU Scholarship form (DOWNLOAD)
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
4. Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). Applicants for Doctoral degree program are required to submit both transcripts of Bachelor and Master Programs.
5. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words). (DOWNLOAD) (Acceptance letter is not necessary, applicant may write down supervisor options on the study plan)
6. Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors (written in English or Chinese with signature).
7. Passport copy.（necessary item）
8. Chinese courses: HSK-4, English courses: TOEFL (80)/ IELTS (5.5)
9. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (DOWNLOAD) (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
10. Application fee: 400yuan RMB
HEU Account Number: 3500040709008802226
Bill Receiver: HARBIN ENGINEERING UNIVERSITY
The Bank Address:
INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
SENRONG BRANCH SUB XUANQIAO BRANCH
SWIFT CODE: ICBKCNBJHLJ
(Please submit the transaction receipt copy with application materials)
NOTE:Whether admitted or not, paper materials will not be returned. Please inform us promptly if the materials cannot be sent in time, no later than June 5.
Applicants should submit paper application materials (one original and one copy) in time to International Office, Harbin Engineering University.
Ms. WANG Jing, Ms. YIN Hua (Rebekka)
International Office, Harbin Engineering University
Room 714, No. 1 Building, NO.145-1, Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, 150001, China
Tel: 0086 45182568266, 82568218
International Student Website：http://studyHEU.hrbeu.edu.cn
IV. Selection of Specialty
Please visit our website athttp://studyHEU.hrbeu.edu.cn for more details.
V. Teaching Language
All the bachelor degree programs are taught in Chinese only, but master and doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese. Programs of Materials, Civil Engineering, Mechanics and Electricity can be taught in English. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course; if applicant with no command of Chinese, doesn’t obtain HSK 5 before program/major studying, his/her scholarship qualification will be cancelled. For English-taught programs, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English-proficiency score, a score of at least 80 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 5.5 on the IELTS.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. HEU will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
3. Applicants are not permitted, in principle, to change their supervisors，specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
4. HEU will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees. The scholarship results will be announced on http://studyheu.hrbeu.edu.cn, the part of NOTICE.
5. Applicants who cannot register before September 30 are regarded as giving up the scholarship.