Applications are invited from highly motivated young men and women with an interest in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) to participate in an exciting MEL programme – the Young Impact Associates initiative, as part of Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works (YAW) strategy in Africa. Mastercard, through Participatory Development Associates (PDA) (Impact Partner Organisation [IPO]) is conducting MEL around the Foundation’s interventions in Ghana to offer evidence-based insights to improve the relevance, sustainability, and impact of its programmes. As part of this impact monitoring assignment and in line with the Foundation’s goal to provide dignified and fulfilling jobs to about 4.3 million youth in Africa by 2030, 12 young women and men will be recruited and equipped with contextually relevant and responsive M&E knowledge to make them become competitive and derive transformative change in their communities and on the continent of Africa.
The goal of the programme is to develop a network of highly competitive young African evaluation professionals that would be positioned to drive evaluation practices on the continent of Africa and influence development trajectories in their communities. The training of the Young Impact Associates (YIA) will last for one (1) year, imparting both theoretical and practical skills on adaptive M&E practices to young people. This training will be facilitated by the SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS), located in Wa in the Upper West Region as a consortium member of the Ghana IPO led by PDA. The Ghana Monitoring and Evaluation Forum (GMEF) will equally be involved in the selection and training of the YIAs. The SDD-UBIDS will be the host for this training programme, and successful applicants will be required to be present at the University for full-time tuition comprising theoretical and practical training.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Aged between 18 and 35 years.
- Have some experience in M&E-related work either as an enumerator, research assistant, field coordinator, M&E officer, or principal investigator etc.
- Have a university degree or a post-secondary education.
- Available for up to 1 year of full-time training on the programme at SDD-UBIDS in Wa.
- Completed the Ghana National Service Programme.
- Females, persons with a disability, or belonging to vulnerable groups (e.g., refugees, persons with disability, young mothers, people living in deprived areas etc.) are encouraged to apply.
Benefits to Participants
- Earn a monthly stipend for 12 months of the programme.
- Earn a certificate in M&E to be awarded by Mastercard Foundation.
- Become a Young Impact Evaluator with contextually relevant cutting-edge skills who will be highly competitive in the evaluation space in Africa.
- Become part of a network of young African evaluation professionals on the continent of Africa through the Alumni Network.
Complete an online form via Apply Here and provide the following documents:
- Your motivation to participate in the programme (300–400 word limit)
- A copy of your Birth Certificate or Ghana Card.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) including at least two (2) referees.
- Relevant academic certificates.
Submissions that are short of any of the above requests will not be considered for further processing.
The deadline for submission of the complete application is May 31, 2023, at 12:00 AM.
For more inquiries, email the programme coordinator via: email@example.com