If you’re an international student from outside the EU and are funding your own studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to £5,000, which you’ll receive as a tuition fee discount in your first year.
Our Vice-Chancellor established a major fund to pay for these scholarships.
|China||Three £5,000 scholarships||For postgraduates from China who work at specific institutions|
|Latin America||Four £5,000 scholarships||For postgraduates Latin America|
|Vietnam||Two £5,000 scholarships||For high-achieving postgraduates (GPA 8.5 and above)|
|General||Five £2,000 scholarships||Other awards may be allocated under this scheme to high achieving international postgraduates|
You must meet all of the following conditions:
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be fully self-funding your studies
- where a country is specified, to have completed relevant school or university studies in that country
Students who aren’t eligible
You are are not eligible for this award, even if you meet the criteria above, if you:
- defer your entry (if you defer entry to the following year, the award will be withdrawn, though you may be considered again under the following year’s terms and conditions)
You can only receive one award and it can’t normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards.
If you’re a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.
How to apply
These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications from students who meet the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
- We will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 30 June 2017, and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships. Applications submitted after that date may be considered, depending on availability of funds.
- Successful applicants will be informed, in writing, by the end of August 2017 of any award to be offered.